HOW TO LAND A TOP-PAYING FEDERAL JOB
By Lily Whiteman
With a foreword by Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton of Washington, DC
Finally, a federal career coach reveals how to really find openings, vault ahead of the competition, impress hiring managers, negotiate a top-dollar salary and accelerate your advancement.
THE ONLY CAREER GUIDE THAT:
- Simplifies, demystifies and defangs the entire job search process–from finding openings to sealing an enviable deal.
- Gives the complete lowdown on how to negotiate a big fat federal salary.
- Divulges little known strategies for finding US and overseas openings. (Many of the best jobs are never advertised.)
- Directs undergrads, grad students and recent grads to over 100 of the hottest, high-paying summer and year-round internship programs and management training programs. (Even if you’re just starting your career, don’t slave for free.)
- Explains how to give A+ interviews and how to craft irresistible cover letters, resumes, and application essays. This book is loaded with examples that will enable you to STAND OUT FROM THE PACK!
- Reveals time-tested strategies for accelerating your career climb.
IT’S A GREAT READ, TOO
Other federal career guides are written with all the verve of the tax code. But this book motivates and entertains with confidence-building tips, success stories and humor.
WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR
Whether you’re seeking an internship or a Senior Executive Service job, this book will arm you with career-boosting advice. This advice is just as useful to non-feds seeking federal jobs as to current feds seeking promotions.
How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job explains techniques successfully used by hundreds of Lily’s clients and provides advice from 100+ hiring managers who serve as gatekeepers to federal jobs.